Come Follow Me is a relational discipleship course for Christ’s followers of Muslim background. The course was originally written by Tim Green for a particular context in a conservative Muslim country but is now being used in many contexts and languages.
It aims to help believers to:
- put down deep roots in Christ
- grow deeper with each other and with their mentor
- be transformed in their thinking and lifestyle, as God’s Word interacts with their old worldview
- learn inductive study by going all the way through one book of the Bible
- grapple with practical issues of following Christ in a Muslim setting
- relate wisely to their Muslim families, with appropriate witness
It works best with a weekly discussion group, like this:
Each week the learners:
- learn from the course book themselves through personal home study
- interact with others in discussion
- put the teaching into practice in the context of their daily lives
With the number of displaced peoples around the world, we realised that it wasn't always practical for a believer moving between refugee camps to have a physical Study Book. We also receive enquiries from people working in countries where it is dangerous to own Christian resources. In 2019-20 we created an e-learning platform for smartphones and other devices called GrowSpace. We use it to publish Come Follow Me in a digital, secure, multilingual, interactive format for group and 1-2-1 discipleship. The app works in the same way - a believer is given access by their advisor, and they complete the lessons by typing into the pages before meeting together face to face (or on a video call) to complete the discussion. Find out more here.
Christ’s followers of Muslim background give their comments.
Come Follow Me is a project of Word of Life, UK registered charity number 328492